Pipeline Controller C
SXL is hiring for the following position: Pipeline Controller C in the Sugar Land, Texas area.
When the Trainee has qualified as a Pipeline Controller he/she will be responsible to direct the overall safe and efficient movement of finished petroleum products and crude, with strict adherence to Federal regulations as well as company standards, throughout the eastern area pipeline system.
The scope of the Pipeline Controller’s duties begins with the initial custody transfer and ends when the product/crude is safely and efficiently delivered via pipeline to the Shipper’s final destination.
- Directs, controls and monitors the delivery and change of product at remote locations utilizing computer controlled field equipment.
- Initiates pump and delivery schedule changes, monitors tank inventories, meter counts, line pressures and temperatures.
- Responsible for identifying operational problems and to dispatch field personnel to problem areas over a 2,650 mile pipeline system.
- Utilizes continuous discretion to initiate changes of pump and delivery schedules to maintain overall delivery schedule, product quality, safe operating conditions and a cost-efficient operation.
- Responsible for monitoring tank inventories and for the appropriate handling of shippers’ products both into and out of attended and unattended storage facilities.
The Pipeline Controller Trainee period, which can vary by individual, is up to 6-months. Upon qualifying for his/her first console, the Pipeline Controller Trainee is promoted to Pipeline Controller. For each additional console on which the Pipeline Controller qualifies, there is the potential for additional promotional opportunities.
- Associate’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Proven analytical and judgment skills; extremely detail-oriented; high level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be an independent thinker with the ability to make sound, logical decisions.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts which include holidays, weekends and evening/midnight shifts.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening and process management aptitude test (COBRA) is required to be considered for this position.
- Must have basic skills in Arithmetic (add, subtract, multiply, and divide), Scales (read scales, graphs and charts), and Tables (read tables quickly and accurately).
Equivalent work experience could be beneficial; however, these positions require a specific training period, regardless of prior experience. During the training period this position is under close supervision, following specific detailed instructions; and work is closely reviewed. Successful completion of skill and knowledge assessments is required to graduate from the Trainee position.
- Associate’s degree
- prior pipeline or refining industry experience
- computer controlled production and/or computer process control experience
- This position is responsible to protect the public, the environment and the financial performance of the company’s pipeline operations.
- The actions and decisions of the incumbent during crisis situations must be made at the highest professional level showing excellent judgment and understanding of the pipeline operations.
How to Apply
If you are an ideal fit for this Pipeline Controller C position in the Sugar Land, Texas area; please apply via company website below: