SXL – Mechanical Technician
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (NYSE: SXL) is a master limited partnership that owns and operates a logistics business consisting of a geographically diverse portfolio of complementary crude oil, natural gas liquids, and refined products pipeline, terminalling and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas liquids, and refined products. SXL’s general partner is a consolidated subsidiary of Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE: ETP). Our business is characterized by extensive industry and safety experience, strong financial fundamentals, and operational flexibility. Collectively, a strong asset base and the successful execution of our business strategies have consistently delivered substantial returns to unitholders.
SXL is currently in the process of staffing the Dakota Access, LLC. Pipeline (DAPL), which will ship crude oil from the various origination facilities in North Dakota to Patoka, Illinois. The direct supervisor for this position will be located in the main office, in Watford City, North Dakota. There is flexibility in the base office for the Mechanical Technician and could be located in Stanley, Ramberg, Epping, Trenton, Watford City, or Johnson’s Corner, North Dakota.
- This level technician is responsible for maintaining, installing, repairing, testing, operating and troubleshooting specific elements of the transmission facilities within an assigned area.
- Responsible for maintenance, installation repair, testing, overhaul and trouble shooting of various types of equipment such as pumps, controls, protective devices, valves and meters.
- Expert at investigating, analyzing and solving problems.
- Directs other technicians and provides direction/training to less experienced technicians.
- Must be knowledgeable of OSHA regulations, and familiar with DOT codes, computers, various types of test equipment, etc.
- This position may be required to participate in all aspects of emergency response as directed.
- Must take initiative and have the ability to work independently, with minimal daily direction.
- Prefer 2-5 years of pipeline mechanical experience.
- This position is On-Call and subject to call outs and will respond to emergencies as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
How to ApplyIf you are interested in this Mechanical Technician job in the Watford City, ND area; please apply via company website at: http://www.sunocologistics.com/
- Posted by: Dakota Oil Jobs
- Company: Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P.
- Location: Watford City, North Dakota, United States
- City: Watford City
- Job type: Full-Time
- Salary: DOE (Depends on Experience)
- Job category: Field Operations
- Tags: Jobs in Watford City ND - Mechanical Technician Jobs - North Dakota Oil Jobs - Oilfield Jobs - Pipeline Jobs - Sunoco Logistics Partners LP Jobs - SXL Jobs