Hunt Oil Company is hiring for the following position: Sr. Geophysicist in Dallas, Texas.
A mid-level Geophysicist in the International Exploration team to work as part of an integrated team to evaluate new venture concepts, conduct integrated subsurface interpretations, and generate new exploration concepts and drillable prospects.
Major Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Develop new exploration opportunities in assigned areas through integrated interpretations of regional geophysical, geological and well data to identify new plays and present recommendations for capture.
- Work in a collaborative environment with an integrated team of geoscientists, engineers, commercial & other operational support groups
- Interpret 2-D and 3-D seismic data utilizing state of the art geophysical techniques
- Conduct block and prospect specific evaluations to define prospective areas, play fairways and to position exploratory well locations
- Plan & supervise the acquisition and processing of geophysical data.
- Participate in evaluation of potential acquisition and farm-in opportunities
- Maintain awareness of technological developments and evaluate deployment of fit-for-purpose new technology
- Generate and present concise reports of work completed as needed to document results and for partner and governmental reporting.
- Work with data management team to support effective G&G data archiving and management.
- Participate in peer reviews and professional mentoring of less experienced staff
- BS degree (MS preferred) in Geophysics
- 10-15 years of experience concentrated in international exploration
- Strong interpretation workstation skills: IHS-Kingdom software preferred
- Applied ArcGIS and data-management skills
- Broad-based understanding of applied Geophysics including AVO, inversion & attribute analysis as well as integration of potential fields and velocity data
- Exposure to integrated basin analysis and play fairway mapping workflows
- Prospect generation, reserve estimation, and field appraisal.
- A strong geological background including complex structural styles preferred
- Maintaining positive relationships with governments, government entities, and partners
- Creative data integrator and idea generator
- Ability to work in an integrated, multi-disciplinary team
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks / areas of responsibility concurrently with large scale data organization, integration & synthesis requirements
- Concisely present technical concepts and recommendations
- Travel internationally as required
What makes Hunt truly successful? The men and women who comprise its family of companies. It is this tradition of family and an “employee-first” mentality that brought many current employees to seek out careers with the organization.
The company takes great pride in the exceptional individuals who collectively represent Hunt today. Hunt’s success can be directly attributed to its culture and hiring people who share its core values.
Our core values are:
• Respect for the Individual
• Commitment to Excellence
Compensation & Benefits
Hunt offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that attracts and retains the best employees, rewards employees for superior performance and supports the company’s business strategy and values. With this in mind, Hunt’s compensation and benefits packages are among the best in the industry.
The philosophy of Hunt Consolidated, Inc. and the Hunt family of companies is to provide the highest quality benefits program possible and to reflect and reward employee contributions toward the company’s ongoing success.
•Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
•Paid Vacation and Company Holidays
•401(k) and Pension Plans
•Life and AD&D Coverage
•Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Sr. Geophysicist job in the Dallas, Texas area, please apply via company website: