Network Specialist Job (Houston, TX, US, 77056)
Marathon Oil is seeking a Network Specialist to work on the Network Operations team. This team is responsible for the day-to-day management of all network and voice functions.
- Monitors communication status and data flow for all sites
- Troubleshoots communications failures related to ‘Voice/Data’ network issues
- Assist in the design and planning and review of network and communication systems
- Monitors overall systems performance and leads performance optimization activities
- Makes suggestions and decisions on hardware, operating system and network configuration in support of new systems requirements
- Assist and lead the design and implementation of data and voice networking solutions.
- Perform software upgrades on existing Cisco data and voice deployments including integrations with MS solutions.
Demonstrated Experience with the following:
- Oversees the design of complex networks and assumes the technical lead for multiple, concurrent network projects.
- Demonstrates specialized network design and data center expertise.
- Performs complex technical and analytical investigations for optimal network capacity, availability, and performance.
- Provides strategic and tactical direction for advanced network connectivity and vendor code releases.
- Serves as an escalation point and provides expert technical expertise and diagnosis in resolving the most complex network problems.
- Extensive experience and deep knowledge of LAN and Wireless networks
- Experience with Enterprise WANs using carrier MPLS services.
- Extensive experience and deep knowledge of data center networking in a virtualized environment using Cisco Nexus, and Cisco UCS, VMWare.
- Ability to design and implement complex, large-scale network projects.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex network operation and performance issues.
- Leads, trains, and mentors other engineers.
- Specific technical knowledge and experience with the following products:
- Cisco Unified Collaboration Suite of Applications (CUCM, CUC, IMP, VCS, MRA, TMS, Telepresence, VGW, CUBE)
- Microsoft and Cisco Collaboration Integration
- Network management and monitoring tools (Solarwinds, Live Action)
- Cisco Catalyst switches, Nexus switches, ISR and ASR routers, MDS Fibre Channel switches, Wireless LAN Controllers and Wireless Access Points, Identity Services Engine and Riverbed WAN Optimizers
- Specific technical knowledge and experience with the following technologies:
- Routing BGP, OSPF, NHRP,
- Switching – VLANs, rapid-PVST+, VPC
- QoS and CoS
- Security — Cisco DMVPN, VRF lite, IPSec tunnels
- Maintain documentation related to network activities/process
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field or relevant hands-on experience of 7 years
- CCNA/CCNP Route/Switch certification or equivalent knowledge
- At least five (5) years performing duties similar to those listed in the Overview section above
- Experience working in an oil and gas setting
- Effectively work in a team environment and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to direct resources across multiple disciplines.
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Committed to maintaining accurate and complete written documentation
- Experience working with both internal and external resources
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Information Technology || Not Applicable || || 23021 ||
How to Apply
If you are an ideal fit for this Network Specialist Job (Houston, TX, US, 77056) position, please apply via company website below: