I&E Technician Job (Carlsbad, NM, US, 88220)
Position Title: I&E Technician
Location: Carlsbad, NM
Marathon Oil is currently seeking an experienced Instrumentation and Electrical Technician to provide technical support for ongoing field development within our Carlsbad, New Mexico office. The successful candidate will interface with Marathon employees, contractor employees, and vendors. The primary responsibility of this position is to assist in the design, installation, inspection, troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance of field automation systems, SCADA equipment and communications systems that are typically installed in the field. Typical equipment includes, but not limited to, electronic tank gauger systems, programmable logic controllers (PLCS) primarily ROC 800’s, remote terminal unit (RTU), digital/analog end devices, beam pump off controllers/Lufkin SAM units and spread spectrum radio systems. Office work will require computer skills and utilization of automation software. Individual must be capable of troubleshooting oil and gas process instrumentation systems in the field as well as supervise contractors during new installations. The position will also require some after hour call outs and weekend duties.
- Work with both company and contract employees, to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair of automation and communications systems
- Provide accurate records of changes, modifications, and programming of existing and new installations of PLC, RTU, Lufkin SAM units/POC and SCADA systems, including consistent use of the Management of Change Policy.
- Schedule and perform periodic and preventative maintenance, inspections, and testing of electronic and electrical components by visual inspection, reference to technical manuals, and use of testing equipment. Determine what regular and special maintenance procedures need to be performed, parts requiring replacement, and necessary precautions to keep electronic and electrical components in proper operating condition.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all automation systems.
- Work with SCADA Administrators to ensure compliance of standards set by the Domestic SCADA team.
- Perform all work in accordance with Marathon’s HES policies and procedures.
- Positively interact with office and field personnel in a manner that creates an atmosphere of creativity, cooperation and attention to the safety of all personnel and the environment.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: 5+ years I&E experience, O&G experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Oil and Gas field operations experience preferred; hands on experience with automation devices preferred.
Other Skills: Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, planning, and organizational skills.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Carlsbad || NM || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Field and Drilling Operations || Not Applicable || || 24202 ||
How to Apply
If you are an ideal fit for this I&E Technician Job (Carlsbad, NM, US, 88220) position, please apply via company website below: