Field Operator Job (New Town, ND, US, 58763)
We are currently seeking a Day Field Operator in New Town, North Dakota to efficiently maximize production from assigned wells, maintain surface separation and flow assurance equipment, and report/review production data in a safe, clean, and environmentally responsible manner.
- Ensure that all ProCount and SCADA data are correct on a daily basis. Advise Production Supervisor and Lead Operator of any problems by phone, e-mail, and in writing at the earliest opportunity.
- Check for any safety or environmental related issues on location and similarly report as above.
- Check all pumping wells to insure they are pumping correctly; check daily gauges to verify loss or gain of pumped fluids. Check POC for run time changes and calibration on location. Keep mechanical integrity for operations smooth, and maintain as necessary or report for larger changes requiring specialty equipment.
- Check pressure on tbg, csg, and surface csg for all wells but especially for injection wells daily.
- Ensure that all wells are producing at maximum rates. If noticeable changes or suggested changes are required work with Production Engineer and Supervision regularly.
- Periodically compare gauge line readings to ROC data on SCADA wells
- Check injection stations, chemical pumps, and mechanical equipment for proper lubrication, leaks, unusual sounds. Report problems to supervisor.
- Compare ROC gas data to purchasers data on SCADA wells.
- Check all pumps (pneumatic or mechanical) to see if they are in proper working order or repair if needed.
- Check to ensure that all chemical pumps and rates are in working order and pumping the required chemical amount. Communicate any problems to chemical rep.
- Check pumping units for maintenance as required.
- Help trouble shoot, take fluid shots, make applicable changes, and work closely with all staff personnel involved in field issues.
- Ensure all pilots and burners are lit, if needed and functioning properly (good and clean flame), repair if needed
- Ensure all important items are communicated to your relief in written form, but do not leave projects you could complete yourself for your relief to do.
- Ensure all housekeeping issues are taken care of immediately. Take care of equipment and vehicle cleanliness and maintenance as required.
- Input daily production and data into laptop, or PC provided to relay through main frame system.
- Check all locks and seals periodically
- Complete TIER 1 audits in a timely manner
- Check to ensure MRO is complying with all state, federal, and tribal regulations.
- Execute work in a safe professional manner and realize you represent an outstanding company striving for perfect safety. Knowingly represent Marathon in a prudent, safe, and clean manner.
To qualify, you must be self-motivated with excellent mechanical abilities and troubleshooting skills. 2 years of Field Operator (Pumper) experience or general oilfield exposure is highly preferred but not required.
Must be able to drive, work in extreme weather conditions and lift. High school diploma or equivalent
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || New Town || ND || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Field and Drilling Operations || Not Applicable || || 24245 ||
How to Apply
If you are an ideal fit for this Field Operator Job (New Town, ND, US, 58763) position, please apply via company website below: