Drilling Engineer II Job (Houston, TX, US, 77056)
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Drilling Engineer II
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years of drilling engineering experience, preferably in onshore ‘tight’ or ‘unconventional’ plays. Candidate will work on implementation and execution of multi-rig, multi-well drilling programs. It is anticipated to have a 1-2 drilling rig responsibility.
Position available is on the Permian Drilling Team. The position will be located in Houston, Texas, but will be required to travel frequently to field locations to support on-site operations. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic, collaborative environment to drive departmental and asset success.
- Conduct operations in accordance with company policy, operating agreements, and all applicable governmental regulations.
- Establish and promote safety and environmental performance expectations with employees and contractors.
- Proficient well design, directional planning, and torque and drag analysis Develop and implement programs to enhance performance.
- Conduct drilling operations in an efficient manner; recognize and engage internal and external technical support to resolve operational challenges.
- Take initiative to own and solve technical and operational challenges through risk based, bold recommendations to management.
- Encourage others to seek different and innovative approaches to problem solving. Interface regularly with members of the D&C team and other disciplines within the Asset Teams in developing strategies to ensure effective planning of all drilling activities.
- Keep abreast of new equipment, processes, techniques and technical information relative to critical well operations.
- Recommend and implement changes in procedures.
- Regularly communicate with onsite drilling supervisors in supporting day to day operations.
- Document and ensure results, problems and causes, lessons learned and best practices are captured and implement across all drilling rigs.
- Establish and ensure meaningful working relationships with contractors, regulatory personnel, and landowners; establish clear expectations for performance and development of personnel (drilling supervisors).
- Keep informed on applicable governmental laws and regulations, advise others as needed, and ensure compliance within area of responsibility.
- Assist in regulatory permitting process.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering required.
Experience: Minimum of five years experience in drilling or completions work.
Computer Skills: Must be proficient in MS office and Landmark Enterprise Solutions.
Travel: ~25%, Requires frequent travel to field locations.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Field and Drilling Operations || Field and Drilling Operations || || 24381 ||
How to Apply
If you are an ideal fit for this Drilling Engineer II Job (Houston, TX, US, 77056) position, please apply via company website below: