HSE Field Advisor
Location: Williston, ND
Reports To: HSE Manager and a dotted line to the General Manager of Operations
The Field Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Manager will play a lead role in the HSE planning, developing, implementing and execution of activities required making continuous and positive HSE improvement within the company. This field position will require that 75% of time is committed to field activities and 25% of the time will be preforming office duties. This position frequently deals with issues of legislated compliance and confidential information. The position requires objectivity, empathy, and diplomacy in dealings with employees at all levels, government agencies, insurance companies, medical professionals, contractors and customer representatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop HSE programs and coach our operations team at a minimum to be in compliance with State Occupational, Health and Safety Administration (OHSA) and Regulations and Guidelines.
- Emphasis on yearly improvements and enhancements.
- Assist immediate supervisor with defining HSE objectives and plans.
- Act in a professional and confidential manner at all times when dealing with sensitive employee and company information.
- Observe work in progress to confirm that proper safety equipment is worn and procedures are followed.
- Provide coaching and assistance to operational staff concerning identification and coordination of training requirements, hazard assessment and incident investigation processes.
- Coach all employees on the importance of HSE, how HSE is an integral part of company objectives and provide line management with advice, tools and support on strengthening our HSE culture.
- Compile and analyze data pertaining to the performance of the HSE program.
- Work with immediate supervisor to develop programs that reduce accidents.
- Identify risks and work with operations to confirm required risk management plans are implemented.
- Liaise with various parties regarding HSE and develop quality partnerships.
- Confirm that HSE training is provided to personnel and incidents are investigated, reviewed and followed up.
- Participate in investigations of major failures and incidents and advise management on corrective actions required.
- Participate in both internal and external safety audits.
- Remain up to date on all state and federal government regulations in terms of Environmental standards, Occupational Safety and Health Administration standards, as well as other related industry practices.
- Record safety violations; make recommendations for corrections and follow up to confirm HSE violations have been corrected.
- Work with immediate supervisor to complete training policies and instructions for work deemed to have recognized hazards.
- Serve as a resource to Operations in delivering and execution of HSE Programs.
- Work effectively in a team and have the desire to contribute to a long term endeavor
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent industry related experience
- 5+ years direct working experience in the Health and Safety field (preferably oil & gas industry)
- Knowledge of the Drilling rigs
- Current H2S and HAZOP certification required
- Current and valid drivers’ license required
- Experience delivering safety presentations to groups of people, a very good communicator
- Solid understanding and belief in the importance of safety in the workplace and the demonstrated ability to do your part to ensure that safety takes precedence
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of HSE data bases
Special Conditions of Employment
Extensive travel throughout the US may be required Travel to Canada is required, a valid passport and clear background check is mandatory.
How to Apply
Email resume using apply online link below.