Operates and maintains the Gas Detection Systems and Breathing Air Safety Equipment at a land or offshore based drilling rig or production platform where there is a potential for or an anticipated release.
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist in Rigging up Gas Detection Systems
· Assist in operation and maintenance gas detection systems and breathing air safety equipment
· Calibrates gas detection
· Complete daily, weekly and monthly checks on equipment
· Fit testing of customer’s personnel
· Inspect and service cooling & shower trailers
· Must be able to work safely and follow all TS & Customer policies and procedures
· Completes all Total Safety and Customer documentation associated with assigned tasks in a timely and accurate manner. This includes all inspection and repair documents, job cost billable expenses and time sheets.
· Ensures that all Cascade Air Banks are charged and online. Ensures that all 5, 10 and/or 30 minutes SCBA’s (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) are functional and fully charged.
· Ensures operability of both Electric & Diesel Air Compressors. Ensures that proper maintenance including air purification cartridge changes, oil changes and other filter changes have been performed and documented. Performs scheduled air quality checks.
· Performs other functions and may cross-train as part of training and development.
· Assist others in facility with inspection, cleaning, servicing, reassembling and testing shop equipment, SCBA’s, manifolds, regulators, hoses and other safety equipment.
· May stock shelves with clean, tested and ready to use equipment and pull, stage, and load equipment for jobs.
· Maintains work area and other areas in a clean and orderly condition.
· Maintains ongoing effort to keep equipment clean and respiration masks sanitized.
· Maintains running inventory of location and availability of safety equipment.
· Performs basic maintenance and care of assigned vehicle and/or trailer.
· Assist others as needed.
Education: High school diploma or GED.
Experience: 3 – 6 months experience.
Required Licenses or Specific Training:
Successfully complete H2S Academy Training to include but not limited to H2S Training, SAFE GULF or SAFE LAND and offshore water survival training if working offshore, confined space entry required and Permit training. First aid responder training preferred. State and OSHA regulations training. 30 CFR MMS and Coast Guard regulations if offshore. Customer Service skill training. Trained to complete site inspections using SMART Inspections program. Land-based may require DOT qualified driver with HAZMAT endorsement.
Interpersonal Communications: Contacts with immediate associates and immediate supervisor for instructions, training, and guidance. Daily customer contact.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Customer oil & gas locations offshore or land base environment, and/or shop. May be frequently exposed to wet, humid, outside and extreme weather conditions and vibration.
Possible Work Hazards: High pressure, high elevations, chemicals, shop traffic, and off-shore drilling rigs or production platforms. The noise level in work environment is usually moderate to high.
Complexity of Duties and Decisions:
Work consists of tasks, processes or operations where the employee must select and apply standard policies and procedures requiring little interpretation. Resolves most questions independently by choosing between a few clear choices or discussing with a supervisor. Must adhere to departmental policies, schedules and deadlines. Must conform to standard work practices (safety, security, environmental procedures and Company business practices and codes of conduct).
How to ApplyIf you are interested in this H2S Technician job in the Williston, ND area; please apply online at company website at: https://www.totalsafety.com/
- Posted by: Dakota Oil Jobs
- Company: Total Safety U.S., Inc.
- Location: Williston, North Dakota, United States
- City: Williston
- Job type: Full-Time
- Salary: DOE (Depends on Experience)
- Job category: Health, Safety, & Env. (HSE)
- Tags: Bakken Shale Jobs - H2S Technician Jobs - HSE Jobs - Jobs in Williston ND - Oilfield Jobs - Total Safety U.S. Jobs