International Transportation Manager
Reports To: Director Global Logistics and Distribution
Position Summary: Supervises daily international transportation operations including scheduling, hiring and training of logistics personnel. Oversees day-to-day international transportations functions including project logistics, international customs agents, brokers, freight forwarders and carriers. Primary manager of corporate 3rd Party International Logistics providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key Leader for ensuring all Exterran Compliance and Safety rules are implemented and followed
- Primary Global Planner for all Project Management Logistics Quotations
- Oversees International Logistics Team processing of traffic and documentation for the physical movement of cargo.
- Problem solve and create global solutions to meet customer expectations through process improvement and proactive measures.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with Exterran internal departments, clients, agents and carriers. Monitor the effectiveness of these relationships and develop programs/processes to improve them.
- Manage Project Logistics costs within budgeted expectations
- Lead International Transportation Specialist Interface with Project Management Teams
- Lead 3Rd Party International Logistics Providers
- Responsible for assigned International Transportation Specialists ensuring all KPI’s are met
- Manage the implementation/onboarding of new business with the Project team, coordinate the set-up of new clients. Gather necessary information to ensure that databases are created timely and accurately in order to optimize processing and quality output. Deliver on the commitments made in implementation plan.
- Audit and review client SOP’s; ensure departmental workflow regulatory compliance.
- Ensure customers complaints are handled in a timely basis and escalated as necessary.
- Respond to or oversee requests for quotes/information.
- With oversight by the Exterran Compliance Team. Lead daily activities of the approved international customs agents, brokers, freight forwarders and carriers
- Develop strategy for determining best in class pricing.
- Oversee the negotiation of or negotiate with agents and vendors to obtain best in class pricing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in logistics, operations or finance/accounting.
- Oracle experience / Other ERP
- 5 – 7 years of International Logistics experience.
- 3 – 5 years of management, P&L, training, and development
- Strong system skills and experience improving business processes required.
- Team-oriented leader, business partner, change agent, highly organized, self starter. Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Managing remote employee preferred.
- Hazmat Certification preferred
- Proficient negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize work
- Advanced working knowledge of shipment processing and government regulations
- Understanding of fully the accounting functions related to shipment processing and profit & loss management
How to Apply
If you are an ideal fit for this International Transportation Manager position, please apply via company website below: