Energy Transfer Partners is hiring for the following position: Scheduler in San Antonio, Texas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Nominates schedules, confirms, and monitors flow and imbalances from receipt points to delivery points on all ETC Intrastate and gathering pipelines ensuring receipt and delivery points are within contract requirements.
- Tracks volume requirements (contractual obligations) and flow versus nominations (e.g. Operating Balance Agreements – OBA’s) with pipelines and makes decisions relative to the OBA balances.
- Makes decisions on various options for gas flow (e.g. to different pipelines), coordinating with affiliate pipelines and gas control.
- Verifies volumes directly with operations and/or through monitoring SCADA.
- Communicates with operations to ensure flow rates are consistent with pipeline capabilities.
- Confirms volume information to pipelines and works closely with accounting.
- Extensive knowledge of system, pipeline grid and process of scheduling and nominating gas.
Required education or minimum level:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or experience in lieu of degree.
- 2+ years directly related experience in either natural gas scheduling or other natural gas business activities of marketing or purchasing is required.
- Familiarity with Texas intrastate natural gas transportation business and major hubs is required.
- Good organizational and planning skills are required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Experience with electronic bulletin boards as it relates to scheduling and confirming gas is preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Lifting- 50 lbs. hrs/day
- Sitting- 2 hrs/day depending on
- Standing 4+ hrs/day
- Driving 4+ hrs/day per day
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Scheduler job in the San Antonio, Texas area, please apply via company website: