Environmental Health & Safety Representative
Hunt Consolidated is hiring for the following position: Environmental Health & Safety Representative in Dallas, Texas.
- Effectively identify and assess all categories of casualty, regulatory and social risk for new projects and existing operations. Risks include physical, chemical, social/stakeholder, motor vehicle and natural hazards as well as risks to the environment through air, water, and waste media. Additionally, identify and assess potential risks to the organization due to non-compliance of regulations, codes and standards of practice.
- Effectively develop, implement, lead, and audit Emergency Response plans for multiple business units or operations; train personnel to implement the plans; and be able to assume the EHS Officer role to support the Incident Commander on scene or at the corporate offices.
- Effectively develop, implement, lead, and audit EHS monitoring and measurement plans for multiple business unit or operations; train personnel to implement the plans; and be able to accurately analyze complex data.
- Compile and submit regulatory reports to Federal, State, and Local governmental entities. Work with operational personnel to ensure compliance with applicable rules and best practices.
- Mentor and coach EHS personnel as required to develop the EHS function.
- Identify EHS training needs, and implement training programs utilizing various training tools and programs available
- Conduct incident investigations and potential follow-up investigations by using various root cause analysis tools, and assist with implementation of corrective action plans based on reviews.
- Work with corporate and regional leaders to implement the EHS Management System, and to develop plans and indicators to track performance.
- Become familiar with industry specific software to proficiently develop regulatory and informational reports, and to develop presentations utilizing the data collected.
- Able to visit operating and potential work sites in remote locations, with potential exposure to loud noises, operational mechanical equipment, chemicals, various climate environments, and other operational hazards
- Position may require frequent standing, walking, sitting, stair climbing, and operation of a motor vehicle
- Able to travel approximately 35-45 percent of the time to various operational areas
- Able to respond to emergency events (with potential travel) and participate in a technical or leadership role.
- Able to visit non-corporate operations and interact with employees from entities outside of the Hunt organization.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university in Environmental Science, Safety, Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively increasing responsibility in environmental, health and safety duties, preferably in Oil & Gas, Petro-Chemical or Manufacturing industry
- Working under EHS Management System equivalent to ISO 14001/18001 /etc., desired
- Valid driver’s license
What makes Hunt truly successful? The men and women who comprise its family of companies. It is this tradition of family and an “employee-first” mentality that brought many current employees to seek out careers with the organization.
The company takes great pride in the exceptional individuals who collectively represent Hunt today. Hunt’s success can be directly attributed to its culture and hiring people who share its core values.
Our core values are:
• Respect for the Individual
• Commitment to Excellence
Compensation & Benefits
Hunt offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that attracts and retains the best employees, rewards employees for superior performance and supports the company’s business strategy and values. With this in mind, Hunt’s compensation and benefits packages are among the best in the industry.
The philosophy of Hunt Consolidated, Inc. and the Hunt family of companies is to provide the highest quality benefits program possible and to reflect and reward employee contributions toward the company’s ongoing success.
•Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
•Paid Vacation and Company Holidays
•401(k) and Pension Plans
•Life and AD&D Coverage
•Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Environmental Health & Safety Representative job in the Dallas, Texas area, please apply via company website: