Drives a commercial truck and a variety of trailers to pick up, haul and unload equipment and supplies to and from job sites and customer locations. Complies with current DOT regulations.
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Refers to the safety and operations checklists of steps to be followed for each trailer type to be pulled and follows checklist before each haul. Completes DOT and company-required documentation.
· Provides timely delivery and pick-up to and from designated customer locations.
· When picking up equipment, inspects for damage and/or excessive wear and notes accordingly.
· Complies with current DOT regulations.
· Completes all documentation associated with delivery and pickup in a timely and accurate manner and obtains signature from customer so that proper invoicing and documentation can be provided to customer.
· Performs basic maintenance and care of assigned vehicle and/or trailer.
· Performs regular inspections, not less than weekly of all assigned trucks and trailers to insure that all required safety and preventative maintenance measures have been executed and documented.
· Assists others in facility including stocking shelves with clean, tested and ready to use equipment and pulling, staging and loading customer orders onto trucks for delivery. Maintains work area and other areas in a clean and orderly condition.
· Assists others as needed. May need to perform emergency roadside repairs.
Experience: Forklift experience preferred.
Required Licenses or Specific Training:
Valid driver’s license from state of residence and valid proof of vehicle insurance. Must possess good driving record and be insurable for Total Safety vehicle insurance while driving company truck. Commercial driver’s license per requirements of facility class A, B, or C with HAZMAT endorsement. Must comply with current DOT regulations. Must pass internal forklift training and certification.
Other Required Skills, Knowledge or Abilities: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility and customer required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
Interpersonal Communications: Ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions). Ability to complete routine reports and shipping/delivery paperwork. Second language is a plus. Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Shop, yard, traffic and customer environments. May be frequently exposed to wet, humid, outside weather conditions and vibration. Shop, plant, Highway traffic and road debris. High pressure, chemicals, shop traffic. The noise level in work environment is usually moderate.
Complexity of Duties and Decisions: Work consists of tasks, processes or operations where the employee must select and apply standard policies and procedures requiring little interpretation. Resolves most questions independently by choosing between a few clear choices or discussing with a supervisor. Must adhere to departmental policies, schedules and deadlines. Must conform to standard work practices (safety, security, environmental procedures and Company business practices and codes of conduct.)
Authority: Works under intermittent supervision: Objectives, priorities and deadlines are defined. Assistance is given with unusual situations that do not have clear objectives. Plans and carries out successive steps and resolves problems and deviations in accordance with instructions, policies, and accepted practices.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in this DOT Driver job in the Williston, ND area; please apply online at company website: https://www.totalsafety.com/
- Posted by: Dakota Oil Jobs
- Company: Total Safety U.S., Inc.
- Location: Williston, North Dakota, United States
- City: Williston
- Job type: Full-Time
- Salary: DOE (Depends on Experience)
- Job category: Drivers and Trucking
- Tags: Bakken Shale Jobs - CDL A Jobs - DOT Driver Jobs - Jobs in Williston ND - Oilfield Jobs - Total Safety U.S. Jobs - Truck Driver Jobs
- Job expires in: 6 days